Stryd tracks your foot through three dimensional space and records the accelerations, impacts, and forces that are being applied. From that information, we calculate power, as well as provide other commonly used run metrics like distance, pace, cadence, ground contact time, vertical oscillation, etc. All of our calculations have been validated with high resolution motion capture systems, dual force plate treadmill, and metabolic testing.
Articles in this section
- What is Ground Contact Time (GCT)?
- What is Vertical Oscillation (Vert. Osc.)?
- Can you help me understand Stryd metrics?
- What metrics does Stryd measure?
- How Does Stryd Measure Power?
- What is Stryd Form Power?
- What is Leg Spring Stiffness (LSS)?
- What is Stryd Cadence?
- Where does my elevation data come from, and how can I see the Stryd elevation data?
- How much Air Power should I expect to see when I analyze my run?