Stryd tracks your foot through three dimensional space and records the accelerations, impacts, and forces that are being applied. From that information, we calculate power, as well as provide other commonly used run metrics like distance, pace, cadence, ground contact time, vertical oscillation, etc. All of our calculations have been validated with high resolution motion capture systems, dual force plate treadmill, and metabolic testing.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between Stryd and power meters built into a watch?
- Can Stryd count my steps (pedometer) when I walk/hike?
- What is Form Power Ratio (FPR)?
- Rain or wet condition caused power to be too high (Stryd device with wind detection)
- What is Ground Contact Time (GCT)?
- What is Vertical Oscillation (Vert. Osc.)?
- Can you help me understand Stryd metrics?
- What metrics does Stryd report?
- How Does Stryd Measure Power?
- What is Leg Spring Stiffness (LSS)?