Stryd uses Bluetooth to communicate with your phone, and also certain watches (e.g., Suunto or Polar). Bluetooth restrictions Stryd can only communicate with one device, phone or watch, at a time. If already connected, Stryd cannot be found by other Bluetooth devices. These are some scenarios most commonly causing Stryd not to be seen by the Stryd app:
- Your Stryd has been paired in the system Bluetooth settings. Whenever this happens, the iOS system connects to Stryd automatically when it is in range, preventing the mobile app from seeing it. To solve, please unpair Stryd from the iOS System Settings and try to find Stryd from the mobile app again.
- Your Stryd has been connected to another device, such as your Bluetooth watch, tablet, or second phone. To solve, disconnect Stryd from the other Bluetooth device. To ensure disconnection, power down all nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Something else could be wrong. Restart your phone by powering it off and powering it back on. This is the best way to start anew.
- If possible, use a phone of a family member or friend to install the Stryd app and connect to Stryd.
- There is an app available to verify whether Bluetooth is working on your Stryd. These apps are intended for developers, but are a good way to determine whether the phone or Stryd is causing the problem. For iOS, there is LightBlue Explorer and for Android there is nRF Connect. Both apps allow you to scan for Bluetooth devices. If you Stryd is operational, it will show up in the list.
If you continue to experience problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.