Stryd and Power-structured workouts are available to be executed on compatible COROS watches in real-time, and with the ability to compared and analyze workouts in the Stryd ecosystem. This articles details your current options.
- Getting your power workouts and training plans from TrainingPeaks
- Getting your plan from Stryd
- Building your own workouts (not using a pre-built plan)
Getting your power workouts and training plans from TrainingPeaks
TrainingPeaks lists power-based training plans created by coaches here: Training Plan Store. You can also create your own structured power-based workouts in TrainingPeaks following these instructions.
In order to execute the workouts using a COROS watch, but do all of your analysis through Stryd Powercenter, use the following configuration:
1) Connect your Stryd account to your COROS account to import your runs (details on this available here: How to automatically sync activities from your COROS watch to PowerCenter)
2) Connect your TrainingPeaks account to your Stryd account to import your training plan (details for how available here: How do I connect my training platform to Stryd’s ecosystem?)
3) Connect your TrainingPeaks account to your COROS account so you can execute your workouts (steps available here: TrainingPeaks+COROS)
Great! Now you can execute a workout on the watch in real-time using Stryd power and then complete all of your workout analysis (comparing planned workout to actual completion) in the Stryd ecosystem!
Getting your plan from Stryd
We offer our own Stryd Training Plans which currently are available exclusively in the Stryd ecosystem. You can sign up for Stryd plans in the mobile app (for details on how, read How do I add a Stryd training plan?). Currently, there is not a means of syncing training plans directly from Stryd to your COROS watch, so the workout must be build manually.
1) Manually build the Stryd planned workouts using COROS's in-app workout builder and saved to a library in their app. For details on how to use the COROS workout builder, read COROS Structured Workouts.
2) The Stryd workouts will already be visible in the Stryd ecosystem, so then you just need to connect the COROS account to the Stryd account so your runs import to Stryd for analysis. If you have not yet set this up, here is how: How to automatically sync activities from your COROS watch to PowerCenter
Here are the detailed instructions on how to build a power-based workout in the COROS app:
1. Open the COROS mobile app and click on the Device icon and then click on My Training
2. Click Add Workout
3. Click on Run
4. Now you can make a workout with a Warm-Up, Run, and Cool Down to match your Stryd Power Based workout.
5. You will want to edit each of these fields to your specific time and Intensity as shown on the Stryd app.
6. Then you will need to specify your Intesity for Power
7. You will want to select Custom power ranges that correspond to your Stryd training Zone in the Stryd app.
8. Once you finish creating your entire Stryd Workout in the COROS app, you will need to click Save and then Add this workout to your COROS watch. You may need to wait for a minute for the workout to sync to your COROS watch.
Here are the detailed instructions on how to execute a power-based workout on the COROS watch:
1. Click on the dial of your COROS watch and scroll down to Training
2. Select the workout that you want to do
3. Wait for your watch to acquire GPS, Heart Rate, and Stryd connection
4. You see a screen like this during your workout.
You will be shown Running Power at the top with Blue,
Red colors to help show you if you are below, on, or over the Power Targets, respectively. If you stay out of your target power for more than a few seconds, the watch will beep to notify you. The "Time Left" or time remaining will be displayed in the middle left, "Lap Distance" will be displayed in the middle right, and the number of reps and reps remaining in the segment will be displayed on the bottom. With 5 seconds remaining in the segment, the watch will beep 5 times for every second remaining.
5. After you finish each segment or interval, you will be displayed a summary screen of what you have next. The name of the segment will be on top, total time of the segment will be next, followed by the target power. On the bottom, the segment name will be repeated.
6. When the workout ends, the watch will automatically stop and you will be shown a summary screen.
Building your own workouts (not using a pre-built plan)
If you're customizing your training plan or building your own workouts, this feature doesn't yet exist in the Stryd ecosystem. The easiest way of achieving this is to build the workouts you want in TrainingPeaks, and then follow the steps shown above for using training plans in TrainingPeaks.