If you have a Suunto Ambit Run, you can only pair Stryd as a foot pod and use Stryd for pace and distance on the watch. You can upload your power data from Stryd with your phone post-run.
To pair Stryd as a Power POD:
- Press and hold 'Next' button for 3-5 second
- Scroll down to 'Pair' and use the 'Next' button to select
- Scroll to 'Power POD' and use the 'Next' button to select
- Shake the Stryd a bit to activate it
- Once paired the watch will say "Reading POD parameters" and then return to your home watch face
To add Power to the run view:
- Connect your Suunto to your computer & open up Moveslink2
- Log into your MovesCount account online
- Click on Profile picture - top right of the page next to blue "+" and select 'Profile'
- Select 'Go to watch settings'
- Scroll down to 'Running' and select the edit link on the far right
- Click on 'Add Display'
- Click on the watch face and then select 'Power'. This will bring you to a screen that will allow you to select the type of power you would like to see on your watch.
- Scroll down to 'PODS TO SEARCH'
- Ensure that only Power POD is checked (OK to also have HR Belt checked if you are using a HRM chest strap)
- Click 'Save' at the bottom of the page
- Sync the new settings to your watch
1. When you try your watch before your run, note that you must activate Stryd for it to be detected by your Suunto. Activate it by shaking Stryd vigorously, it can take up to 60 seconds. In normal use when Stryd is on your shoe, this is not a problem
2. When you are ready for your first run, the watch will search for Stryd. Once it is found the watch will ask you to calibrate Power POD, you can hit 'Later' (top right button of the watch).
3. Once you hit start and begin running it may take up to 1 minute of running for you to start seeing the power show on the watch.
4. If you intend to walk or hike with your Suunto and Stryd, read this article