It is time to set it as a data field within the run mode of your watch. To accomplish this please follow these steps:
Display and record Stryd Power on the watch in run mode.
- Select 'Run' on your watch
- Tap the Settings button
- Select Data Screens
- Select a data screen
- Select the number of fields you would like
- Scroll to to the field in which you would like to have Stryd Power displayed
- Press to the enter button to select ConnectIQ Fields
- Select Stryd Power
Your watch is now all set up to run with Stryd Power. If you wish to have this field in any other mode of your watch follow the same steps for the treadmill and/or indoor mode of your watch.
Follow these steps to pair your Stryd as a foot pod to your watch:
- Go to the main watch screen and long press
- Scroll and select 'Settings'
- Scroll and select 'Sensors & Accessories'
- Select 'Add New Device' and select 'Add New Footpod'
- Move your Stryd as the watch searches
- Add the footpod that the watch has found. Write down the number that shows up on the watch. We will need this later!
- Select the foot pod in the 'Sensors & Accessories' menu
- Scroll through the menu and select 'Calibration' and set the calibration factor to 100
- If you would like to get pace and distance from Stryd, it is necessary to disable GPS on the watch.
- You cannot disable autocalibration, so you after you set (or reset) the calibration factor to 100, disable GPS to avoid that the watch changes the calibration factor.
Configure Stryd Power data field for your Stryd
- Plug the watch into your computer
- Open up Garmin Express and select your watch
- Click on 'Manage Apps'
- Find 'Stryd Power' in this list and click on the '...'
- You will see two options:
- Summit ANT ID: Input the number we got from connecting Stryd as a foot pod. This tells the watch to only pair to your Stryd.
- Power Averaging: By default, you will see real time power on your watch. You can configure this to show either 3 second, 10 second, 30 second, lap, or average power on your watch.