Suunto has technology to compensate for GPS accuracy problems. This technology is referred to a FusedSpeed. Almost all sport modes use this technology. When the watch uses FusedSpeed, it will not get accurate pace and distance from Stryd. For example, this a running mode which is using FusedSpeed (screenshot from Movescount, advanced view of the sport profile):
To get pace and distance from Stryd, a sports profile need to be created that does not use FusedSpeed at all. Follow these steps:
- In Movescount, go into watch settings.
- Under Sport Modes, select + to "Add sport mode to short list". Select "Unspecified Sport" to the list.
- Scroll to the the "Unspecified Sport" entry, and select + to create a new sport mode: "Create new Unspecified sport sport mode"
- Select fields and displays per your preference. For example:
- Go into sport mode settings. Switch off GPS, force the watch to search for foot pods.
- Make sure your Suunto is no longer using FusedSpeed:
- Sync your watch to update the watch with the new sport mode. When you go for a run, make sure to select the newly created sport mode.
- You watch will take pace and distance from Stryd!
If you have additional questions, contacts email@example.com.