Garmin watches work great with Stryd. There are many settings and options on the Garmin watch and each model works slightly different. If you are getting unexpected data with your Garmin, such as distance being off, try the following:
- Upload the data from your Stryd with the Stryd app on your phone. You will get two entries in PowerCenter for your run, so that you can compare the data recorded by the watch with the raw data from Stryd. Data from Stryd will be accurate, you might need to crop your data as Stryd starts recording when motion is detected.
- Use your Garmin together with your phone. Use the Stryd app to record your run (make sure pace and distance are from Stryd) while at the same time you use your Garmin. This works because Garmin uses ANT+, and your phone uses Bluetooth (Stryd can only connect to one Bluetooth device at a time). Depending on your settings, you might get two entries in PowerCenter.
Note: if you use Stryd Live, use an app like Wahoo Fitness Tracker or iSmoothRun since the Stryd app does not record your activities with Stryd Live. Make sure pace and distance come from Stryd. You will not be able to see your data in PowerCenter.
- If you find that Garmin distance is different than distance recorded by the phone or Stryd, check your settings:
- Pace from Stryd Always
- Distance from Stryd Always
- Calibration factor 100
- Autocalibration disabled
- GPS disabled (for most Garmin watches)
- If you think there might be ANT+ connectivity issues with your watch, there are a few things you can do to improve performance.