If you use a Garmin watch, Stryd will behave a bit different than with the Stryd app on the phone or with a Suunto/Polar watch (that all use Bluetooth). Garmin uses ANT+ to connect with Stryd.
1. ANT+ is connectionless and Stryd will never "drop" the connection or stop sending ANT+ data when in run mode.
2. If you go into run mode on the Garmin watch (but not start a run), Stryd will activate ANT+ for about 45 seconds. At this time, the watch will show 0 watts and show that Stryd is connected with the watch.
3. If you are not starting the timer, Stryd will deactivate itself after 45 seconds to save battery. The watch will now show "Searching". If not moving at all (i.e. Stryd is stationary), the watch will continue to show "Searching". If you continuously move Stryd, you will get a power number of 0 (or higher) on the watch.
4. If you start the watch while the watch shows 0 watts, Stryd will go into run mode your watch will start showing data almost immediately.
5. If you watch shows the "Searching" message and you start the watch, Stryd will only start reporting data once Stryd detects motion. Because Stryd will have to activate itself, it will take a few seconds to start seeing data on the Garmin watch. In practice, this is unlikely to happen as people typically continuously move their Stryd. If you see the "searching" message before the timer started you can simply tap your foot to get 0 watts on the watch.
If you need additional assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.