For Stryd wind pods, if your pod is not fully charged, the LED will pulse to indicate it is charging; if it is fully charged, it will stay on. If the light is failing to turn on, try the following steps until you get a light:
- Disconnect and reconnect the charging cable from the USB port.
- Disconnect and reconnect the charging cable from the charging harness.
- Disconnect and reconnect the Stryd from the charging harness.
- Disconnect the Stryd and inspect the charging pins on both the pod and the charging harness to ensure they are not blocked, covered, or damaged. Then reconnect the Stryd pod to the harness.
- Try a different USB port.
- Try a different USB cable.
- contact email@example.com with the following photos:
- The back edge of the Stryd pod where the clip connects to the device
- The bottom of the Stryd pod where the charging pins are visible
- The pod while it is connected to the charger with the cable and LED visible
For pre-wind Stryd pods, if your firmware is version 1.1.8 or higher,
- If the battery level of Stryd is below 90%, the light of Stryd will come on when Stryd is placed on the chargers.
- Once Stryd is fully charged (100%), the light will switch off.
- The next time you place Stryd on the charger, the light will NOT come on if Stryd is above 90% charged (i.e. you'd have to run for about 2 hours). If the battery has dropped more than 10%, the light will come on again until Stryd is fully charged (100%).
- In older firmware, the Stryd light for some Stryds (model 3 and newer) would always come on, even if it was just for a second. This behavior has changed, the light never comes on if the battery is more than 90% charged.
If you need further assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org