This will take you step-by-step on how to pair your new Stryd as a Foot Pod to your Suunto Spartan or Suunto 9 watch.
To pair with watch:
- From the watch screen scroll down until you reach Settings & tap on the screen to select
- Scroll to & select 'Connectivity'
- Scroll to & select 'Pair Sensor'
- Scroll to & select 'Pair Foot Pod'
- Shake the Stryd a little bit to activate and so your watch can find it
- If prompted in the Suunto watch settings, disable GPS calibration
Suunto Spartan and Suunto 9 watches have a native power field for running and it's because of this you can pair the Stryd as a foot pod rather than a power pod (as you have to do for Ambit watches). You can still customize your watch screens via your MovesCount account online. Once you have the Stryd paired we recommend you log into MovesCount and ensure that only 'foot pod' is selected for "PODS TO SEARCH". To accomplish this:
- Log into MovesCount account via computer
- Hover mouse cursor over profile picture (top of the screen next to blue "+") and select 'Profile'
- Click on 'Go to Watch Settings'
- Under 'Sport Modes' select 'Running'
- Under 'Power' select 'Show Sport Mode Settings'
- Under 'PODS TO SEARCH' ensure only the box for 'Foot Pod' is checked. (Also ok to have HR Belt checked if using an HRM Chest Strap).
- Click on 'Save'
Once you have made these changes it is crucial you sync the new settings to your watch.
SELECT 'CONTINUE' TO GO BACK TO THE STRYD APP AND FINISH SETTING UP STRYD