This will take you step-by-step on how to pair your new Stryd as a Foot Pod to your Suunto Spartan or Suunto 3/5/9 watch.
To pair with the watch:
- From the watch, screen scroll down until you reach Settings & tap on the screen to select
- Scroll to & select 'Connectivity'
- Scroll to & select 'Pair Sensor'
- Scroll to & select 'Pair Foot Pod'
- Go back to 'Connectivity" and look for 'Paired Devices'
- Select 'Foot Pod' and disable 'Autocalibration' (contact firstname.lastname@example.org before enabling 'autocalibration').
Suunto Spartan and Suunto 3/5/9 watches have a native power field for running and it's because of this you can pair the Stryd as a foot pod rather than a power pod (as you have to do for Ambit watches).
We recommend using the Suunto app to configure your watch.
- Open up Suunto App on your phone and make your watch is showing the time.
- Select your watch by hitting the watch icon on the home screen
- Select Sport Mode Customization
- Create Sport Mode
- Select Running. 'Set a Sport mode name' (for example 'Stryd')
- Replace one of the existing fields with power to one of the Displays
- You have many options to customize. For example, you could show 3-second average and lap average power on one display.
- Save the new sport mode and sync the watch.
If you wish to train and race with power zones, please refer to Suunto Spartan and Suunto 9 Ultra Power Zones.
SELECT 'CONTINUE' TO GO BACK TO THE STRYD APP AND FINISH SETTING UP STRYD