Instructions for Suunto Ambit3 Peak, Vertical, Sport
If you have a Suunto Ambit Run, you can only pair Stryd as a foot pod and use Stryd for pace and distance on the watch. You can upload your power data from Stryd with your phone post-run.
With Suunto Ambit 3, you can only get power from Stryd. Pace and distance will be from GPS. The instructions in this article are for having power on the watch. If you want just pace and distance, you can pair Stryd as a foot pod instead. You would need two Stryd if you want pace, distance, cadence from Stryd and power on your watch.
To pair Stryd as a Power POD:
- Press and hold 'Next' button for 3-5 second
- Scroll to 'Pair' and use the 'Next' button to select
- Scroll to 'Power POD' and use the 'Next' button to select
- Once paired the watch will say "Reading POD parameters" and then return to your home watch face
You can only configure your Ambit with Movescount, not with the Suunto App. To add Power to the run view:
- Connect your Suunto to your computer & open up SuuntoLink
- Log into your MovesCount account online
- Click on Profile picture - top right of the page next to blue "+" and select 'Profile'
- Select 'Go to watch settings'
- Scroll down to 'Running' and select the edit link on the far right
- Click on 'Add Display'
- Click on the watch face and then select 'Power'. This will bring you to a screen that will allow you to select the type of power you would like to see on your watch.
- Scroll down to 'PODS TO SEARCH'
- Ensure that only Power POD is checked (OK to also have HR Belt checked if you are using a HRM chest strap)
- Click 'Save' at the bottom of the page
- Sync the new settings to your watch
When you are ready for your first run, the watch will search for Stryd. Once it is found the watch will ask you to calibrate Power POD, you can hit 'Later' (top right button of the watch).
SELECT 'CONTINUE' TO GO BACK TO THE STRYD APP AND FINISH SETTING UP STRYD