Stryd is shipped in a special mode that cuts off power to the device. We do this to preserve battery since the Lithium Ion batteries will break if the voltage drops below a critical level. Stryd is activated when put on the charger for the first time, and from that point forward, needs to be charged regularly to avoid battery damage. Because the device is basically switched off, you can wait at least one year before activating.
Articles in this section
- Stryd Pre-Order Shipping: When will my Footpod Ship?
- What are the different Next Gen Stryd Run Modes?
- Will Stryd Wind Continue to Be Supported with New Updates and Features?
- Switching Over From a Previous Stryd Footpod to the Next Generation Stryd Hardware
- Does Stryd Offer An Exchange Program
- What Clips and Chargers work with What Stryd Footpod Iterations?
- What is New in the Next Generation Stryd Footpod Design?
- Clip Stryd® Pod on the Shoe Using 5 Laces
- Product Warning and Care Tips for your Stryd
- Can I still use the Stryd® Pioneer Chest Strap with the Stryd® software ecosystem?