1. Switch Stryd to the other shoe: Some users have noticed that changing the position of Stryd to the other foot helps improve connectivity. in particular, try Stryd on your left foot while wearing your Garmin on the right wrist.
You may find your watch receives data better when Stryd is on the same side of your body as your watch or on the opposite side of the body from the watch. It depends on a runner's unique running style/body positioning. We generally find the opposite side position to work better but this is not universally true for every runner. You should test Stryd on both sides of the body if you are having problems with your watch receiving data from Stryd.
2. Input the ANT+ ID: Input the ANT+ ID of your Stryd into the Stryd Zones data field. Select your watch in this list to for instruction on how to find and input the ID for your Stryd. You should look under the 'Configure Stryd Power data field' heading after you select the article.
3. Remove unused sensors: Your watch will search for every sensor that you have in the Sensor & Accessory menu. You should remove any old, unused pairing such as old heart monitors, foot pods, etc from this menu by selecting the sensor and selecting remove. This will improve your watch's ability to find Stryd.
4. Install the Stryd Zones data field using Garmin Express on the computer: It is best if you install the Stryd Zones data field by syncing your watch with the Garmin Express app by plugging your watch into the computer. You may need to uninstall the data field first and then reinstall the data field. This ensures the best reliability of the data field working on your watch.
Please try the above steps first. If none of the above steps worked, your last option is to complete a factory reset.
5. Factory reset: Some Garmin watches allow restoring to factory default settings. This will erase any Connect IQ apps and data fields, sensors and accessories. After the reset, add your Stryd as a foot pod, set up the Stryd Zones data field on your watch, and enable this data field in the run mode on your watch. Try to see if this helps.