The Stryd Workout app provides the best experience when doing a structured power-based workout. The app will guide you step-by-step through your workout. For each workout segment, the watch will show you power, target power range, time left in the segment, etc. You can get audible and vibrate notification when you exceed or fall short of your power target. The Stryd Workout app has several data screens and allows customization of which metrics are shown while running.
- Instead of the using the Garmin modes such as "Run", "Treadmill", etc., select the Stryd Workout App. The Stryd Workout App will record all data and your run will show up in Garmin Connect and other platforms after your run.
- The first time you run with the Stryd Workout App, the watch will automatically pair with your Stryd. After your first run, your watch will only grab data from your own Stryd (so no problem if you run with other Stryders).
- By default, the Stryd Workout app in in outdoor mode, and will automatically record the GPS map.
- You can customize the data screens and data fields.
Note: You will need to have a structured workout scheduled in your Stryd calendar within the next 2-5 days in order for the workouts to load to the Stryd Workout App. To add a workout to your Stryd calendar you can either import structured run workouts to your Stryd calendar from third-party platforms, add a structured workout to your calendar using the Workout Builder/ Workout Library feature, or add a Stryd training plan to your account. See these instructions to add a training plan to your account >>
- Open the Stryd Workout App on the watch by hitting the top right button on your Garmin. Scroll to Stryd Workout App (if not the default).
- Open the "Settings" menu inside of the app.
- Select the "Username" option.
- Enter & save your Stryd username in the app. This will enable the app to fetch workouts from your account. Notes: the username is not case sensitive, and you username is different than your email address.
- Press the back button your watch and select "Workouts".
- Select "Fetch Workouts". This will grab your next 2 - 5 days worth of workouts.
- Make sure Garmin Connect Mobile is open on your phone
- Make sure that your watch is connected to your phone and that your phone is nearby. Your watch uses your phone's connection to download the workouts.)
- You can select one of these workouts and have the option to start, view, or delete the workout.
Please sign in to leave a comment.