1. Is the Stryd membership a paid feature?
Stryd membership will be a free preview for all users in the first half of 2021. In the first half of 2021, you will be given the option to sign up for a paid monthly membership fee to keep access to these new features.
2. Will I lose any features that I already had access to prior to the Stryd membership being announced?
No. We will not take any features that you already had access away. You will still keep access to features you previously had before this announcement in the Stryd PowerCenter, and the Stryd mobile app.
The only features that will be part of the paid membership are the features announced in this blog post.
3. How much will the Stryd membership cost?
The cost will be comparable against similar services in the fitness space.
The exact price will be announced in 2021. We are going to be monitoring the usage of these new features to assign a fair and attractive price for all Stryd customers.
4. Will I be charged automatically in 2021 if I start using the new Stryd features today?
No. You will not be charged automatically if you use this feature today.
You will have to sign up and input payment details if you want to continue using this feature set until the first half of 2021.
5. Is it required that I pay for a Stryd membership to use my Stryd pod?
No. You will have access to the additional features today for free as part of the preview and you can continue to use Stryd in Data Only mode when the free preview ends in the first half of 2021.
6. How do I access the new Stryd features?
The features announced in this blog post are available today! You should update your mobile app to gain access to them.
7. Can I receive power-based training plans from the Stryd membership on my sports watch?
Currently, the training plans included in the Stryd membership are only available for auto-import on Garmin Connect IQ 3.0+ compatible watches and Apple Watches.
Currently, there is no auto-import of training plans to Polar, Suunto, or Coros.
8. Do I need a Stryd footpod to use the features in the Stryd membership?
Yes. You will need a Stryd foot pod. The data from the Stryd foot pod enables the features in the Stryd membership and allows the system to prescribe personalized training and provide insights.