With the Wahoo ELEMNT RIVAL, it is easy to configure your Stryd footpod to feed Stryd dat to your watch in real time for workout guidance and execution. Here is how to configure Stryd devices with Wahoo's watch:
Wahoo offers options to configure either on the watch itself, or in the Wahoo ELEMNT Mobile App. Both process can be found below:
To configure from the ELEMNT Mobile App (recommended):
1) Open the Wahoo ELEMNT Mobile App and log into your account if you are not already logged in. Navigate to Settings.
2) Establish a Bluetooth connection to the watch from the Settings Screen, then locate the Sensors section by scrolling down.
3) Select Set up sensors.
4) Shake the Stryd foot pod and watch the phone screen for "Foot Pod" sensors in the Unsaved Sensors section. Select the device from the list and follow the prompt on screen to save the sensor.
To configure from the watch display:
1) Press and hold the menu button (by default this is the lower left button on the side of the display).
2) In the menu, locate Sensors and select it.
3) Select Pair New and shake the Stryd foot pod.
4) Select the pairing that appears on the watch screen to Save it.
Note: you may receive a prompt to add power fields when pairing the footpod. Either selection is okay as this is addressed in the next steps of this article.
You've now successfully connected the footpod to the watch and the two will connect when you run. When Stryd is connected to the watch, pace and distance measures for the run will be from Stryd, not GPS. There is currently not a way to disable this aspect of the connection. These next steps will help you to configure a power data field to the data screens on the watch:
5) Navigate back to Settings in the ELEMNT app. Locate Workout Profiles.
6) Select Running, or any other activity modes you would like to display Stryd power during.
7) Select Workout Pages. The list on your screen shows the different data screens you currently have enabled for the activity mode.
8) Select the data screen from the list you would like to see Power data on.
9) Add a Power field of your choice to the list of data fields for the data screen. Note that while the app shows 6 data fields, not all 6 will display on your watch face. Make sure the power field is high enough in the list to show on your watch screen.
You're all set! Stryd will connect automatically to the watch when you go our for a run as long as the pod is in range. To learn how to connect your Stryd and Wahoo accounts so that your data automatically imports to the Stryd ecosystem, you can read more here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.