The following instructions are to update your 'Stryd Zones' when your user information changes, and other optional configurations. Make sure you have your watch close by to sync the changes.
- Open 'Garmin Connect' app on your phone.
- From the home screen of the app, tap the menu button (3 lines in the top left corner for Android or 3 dots bottom right for iPhone)
- Scroll to 'Connect IQ Store' and select the 'My Device. icon on the bottom. Make sure you are selecting the right watch.
- Scroll down and select 'My Data Fields'
- Select 'Stryd Zones' > 'Settings'
Under 'Username' enter the Stryd username you used when creating your account (this can be found in your Stryd app settings once you've finished setting up your account).
Notes: The username can only be used to "Auto-sync" on Connect IQ 2+ compatible watches. You may have to wait for up to 10 minutes after you install Stryd Zones for the syncing process to be complete. You will receive the message ‘Must Sync Watch With GCM On Phone’ until the syncing process is finished. Please be patient.
Power Averaging: choose between 'Real Time Power', '3 Second Power', etc. We recommend leaving it on 'Real Time Power' but you may find that you want a less responsive number and can switch here to get a more stable averaging while running with Stryd Zones.
ANT ID: Input the number you got from connecting Stryd as a foot pod. This tells the watch to ONLY pair to your Stryd. This is a helpful feature if you run with other people that also use Stryd since you might pick up data from another Stryd pod. For most users, this is not a problem, and setting the ANT ID is not needed.
Numerical Zone: This will show real-time what is power zone you are running in. This is helpful to control your intensity.
Visual Zone Bar and Power Averaging (Secondary Display): These only work if you add a data screen with a layout of one data field, and select Stryd Zones. You will get two power fields, and you can have your choice of averaging for both power fields. You will also get a visual zone bar while running if you enable the option.
8) Go back to 'Garmin Connect' home screen and sync your watch to save the changes to 'Stryd Zones'.
Select 'Continue' at the bottom of your screen to finish setting up your account!